Formatting Question

Chris Stankaitis chris at beowulf.net
Thu Oct 14 13:26:46 UTC 2004

Please forgive this question, I am sure it lands in the RTFM category
but I am having an issue which I would like some help with.

1) I checked out the document's repository from CVS and created a new
document
2) I replicated the directory structure and made the needed changes to
the Makefile (document name etc.)

3) I ran a make in my new doc's dir and it created the HTML.

Here is the issue.

When I browse to the document locally using Mozilla everything looks
great, to be complete I tar'ed the dir up and sent it over to our
webserver.  When I browse to the document on the webserver it seems to
add additional formatting which is causing my document to display a
bunch of question marks all over the place, and little black boxes.
Even viewing the source you can see the problem.

Source viewed when document loaded locally:

<title>Chapter 4. Adding Users

Source viewed when document viewd over apache server:

<title>Chapter�4.�Adding
align="right">�<a accesskey="n" href="ch05.html">

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this problem?

--Chris