Streamlined Install Guide

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 13:08:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:17:42 -0400, "Paul W. Frields"
<stickster at gmail.com> said:

> Sorry if I held it up! :-(  But it looks like we're back on schedule to
> possibly have a decent release for FC4, thanks to Stuart's tireless
> efforts.

Well, I *was* tirelessly going in the wrong direction :), and really
should have figured out much sooner that I was expecting the near
impossible.  So I'll happily take any brickbats...

> Do you know who has the bootloader section?  I think that may be one of the only things left.

Mayank (Sharma) sent me an initial draft, and I'll ping him.

> I was also thinking about whether it was worthwhile to change the name
> of this publication from a "guide" to a "handbook," based on its current
> mission to provide a lower level of instruction than the customary Red
> Hat Guides.  Is this nitpicking, or does anyone
> else think there's value in differentiating between the two?

Yes, I think that we should define what sort of document we want this
project to produce (per separate thread on the FAQ, and not competing
with other projects).   IIRC, there's a bit of a precedent for
Enterprise and Fedora using different terms to distinguish between the
slightly different deliverables (bug fixes vs. errata).
--

Stuart Ellis