Man page format to Docbook XML for New Authors

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 16:48:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:28:07 -0500, "Tommy Reynolds"
<Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com> said:
> Maybe a small DTD for an HTML-like subset;
> there are stylesheets out there already to transform HTML into XSL-FO
> but we'd need to keep anybody from being really clever and to keep it
> simple.

We may actually have a pretty good subset that could be declared a
standard...  The Documentation Guide describes common tags, and thinking
about it I haven't needed to use any other DocBook tags than those,
barring document headers.

--

Stuart Ellis