png2eps script

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 15:55:37 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

In anticipation of us getting PDF production to work, I've committed the
script png2eps in a new scripts directory in the fedora-docs CVS module.

It allows you to convert a PNG to EPS. To use:

png2eps --width=<width> <image-file>.png

If you don't specify a width in pixels, 4 is used by default, which is
the maximum width I usually use for a US letter size PDF.

If an EPS already exists in the same directory and you don't specify a
width, it will use the width for the existing EPS file.

Karsten, this is based on the one we use internally, but I modified it
to produce color EPS files.

Cheers,
Tammy

--
Learn, Network and Experience Open Source.
Red Hat Summit, New Orleans 2005