Wiki is OK (was Re: why o why)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 17:22:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 11:09 -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> I think, just as an addendum, that these types of requirements are not
> only why the Fedora Documentation Project will ultimately produce fine,
> proffessional docs, but also why there is a need for other sites like
> fedoranews.org for less formal documentation to live.

+1

It's why we have the process around producing software packages.  This
project attempts to mimic the open source development process wherever
possible.  Some programs you write in Java and some in C.

> Having said that, and my previous posting, maybe it would be good to
> discuss putting up a wiki for the FDP to use in creating docs, which
> someone would then convert to DocBook for submission...  Just an idea,
> I've no real stake in it either way.

We will accept submissions in practically _any_ format.  We will not
accept something thrown over the wall _unless_ a maintainer steps
forward.

I'll start a new thread to make this clear.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide