[RFC] dumping the CED in favor of local variables

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 00:09:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 16:50 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> I'd like to recommend we dump the usage of CED files in favor of the
> local variables designation.  The CED file is a pre-compiled DTD subset.

For the record, this is a *complete reversal* of my previous position.
If Dave Pawson is lurking out there, he can laugh at me.  The rest of
you who care can swift-kick when you see/meet me next.

After working with the local variable, I am willing to undergo the pain
to change over to it.  If there is even any pain.

The only problem is _mixing_ the two formats.  If I write using the
Local Variable and you load the CED file, our indenting will be off.  At
the least, diffs will be noisy.

> <!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
> Local variables:
> mode: xml
> xml-parent-document:("parent-file.xml" "book" "chapter")
> End:

D'oh!

that should be:

sgml-parent-document:("parent-file.xml" "book" "chapter")

I did s/sg/x/g without verifying. :)

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide