[RFC] dumping the CED in favor of local variables

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Thu Apr 28 00:52:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 17:09 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 16:50 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > I'd like to recommend we dump the usage of CED files in favor of the
> > local variables designation.  The CED file is a pre-compiled DTD subset.
>
> For the record, this is a *complete reversal* of my previous position.
> If Dave Pawson is lurking out there, he can laugh at me.  The rest of
> you who care can swift-kick when you see/meet me next.
>
> After working with the local variable, I am willing to undergo the pain
> to change over to it.  If there is even any pain.
>
> The only problem is _mixing_ the two formats.  If I write using the
> Local Variable and you load the CED file, our indenting will be off.  At
> the least, diffs will be noisy.

OK.  If we can agree on this then we can amend the documents that will
be moving into CVS before they get there.

I admit to total self-interest here: the IG has a fair number of files
and will hopefully have multiple people updating it once it's in.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA