docs CVS commits - new list

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 21:31:00 UTC 2005

Until it was recently changed, our CVS commit messages were being copied
to a list for Fedora Extras.  To highlight our own signal, I changed the
commit messages to come to fedora-docs-commits.  Currently our commit
level is low, but as it ramps up, we are going to be glad that this is
not coming to f-docs-l. :)

This is an important part of having an open CVS, seeing what everyone is
doing.  Mistakes will be caught more quickly, and it will be easier to
learn how and why writers and editors do as they do.

For example, in the past I've collaborated with other writers on the
same XML files, and I could watch the changelog messages to see what
people did and why they did it (presuming their log was useful).  I
would know right away if I needed to fix anything.

If you are writing or editing for the project, it is truly necessary to
be on the commits list.

cheers - Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide