docs ideas, dream big

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Aug 19 00:35:29 UTC 2005

Added to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/DocIdeas.

> - "Command-line survival kit".  Basically a list of common tasks and
> which commands to use to get things done.  Bits of sections 3-5:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/users-guide/users-guide.en.html

Added to DocIdeas.

> They have a fair amount on the mechanics of how the distribution is run,
> and what packagers should know, which are areas where we are perhaps
> weak.
>
> Their user manuals are less impressive (IMO), as they seem to overlap
> with each other, and with TLDP docs - references for using the
> command-line, and short pieces on configuring network services.

This sparked an idea for a Fedora Guide to Useful Linux Documentation.
This would have links to fora and TLDP that are applicable/useful to
Fedora.

I added the release notes beats to this page, as well.  Time to start
banging that drum.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide