Packaging progress

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Fri Dec 30 13:29:20 UTC 2005

Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:

> 1.  cd docs-common
> 2.  make rpm

This step failed for me:

+ for i in xmlformat xmldiff copy-figs bulkbuild tidy-bowl
+ install -m 755 /home/reynolds/src/f/fedora-docs/docs-common/rpmbuild/BUILD/fedora-doc-common-cvs20051230/bin/xmlformat /var/tmp/fedora-doc-common-0.1-cvs20051230-root-reynolds//usr/share/fedora/doc/docs-common/bin/
install: cannot stat `/home/reynolds/src/f/fedora-docs/docs-common/rpmbuild/BUILD/fedora-doc-common-cvs20051230/bin/xmlformat': No such file or directory
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.58603 (%install)

> 3.  su -c 'yum localinstall fedora-doc-common*.noarch.rpm'
> 4.  cd ../example-tutorial   # your path may be a little different
> 5.  make rpm
> 6.  su -c 'yum localinstall fedora-doc-example-tutorial*.noarch.rpm'

Didn't try these, though.

> Note that the goodness comes through on both the GNOME and KDE menus,
> and if you are running Rawhide (FC5test1 or above), you'll also see our
> entries in the global "Help" menu.  (Yes, the draft watermark is still
> there, but it will take me about 30 sec to get rid of that, but I'm too
> tired right now.)

I'll add support for the Enlightenment E16, since that is really the
window manager everybody should be using ;-)

> There are still a few minor quirks to iron out, like how to make
> respectable %changelog entries that meet Fedora standards.  And building
> from SRPM will work after I get some sleep.  ;-)  But these are pretty
> minor compared to the work already done.
> 2006 is looking pretty good, at least from where I'm standing!

Well, done, good and faithful coder!  I'll recommend that quaid gives
you a 15% raise!

P.S.: try to get this done before New Year's Eve, or just wait a few
days...

Cheers