Taking up work (was: Re: No more right click terminal)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:05:19 UTC 2005

Forwarding this to fedora-docs-list for additional discussion.

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 12:53 -0400, Toshio Kuratomi wrote, in response to
Rahul Sundaram:
[...snip...]
> > >2) Start a project to package different default values for Extras.  We
> > >have redhat-rpm-config changing rpm and fedora-release changing the
> > >config of yum.  Maybe there should be a poweruser-gconf-tweaks.  (More
> > >seriously, it should probably be more like config-nautilus-nonspatial,
> > >config-rpmbuild-userdirs, config-metacity-focusfollows, etc)  this can
> > >work for things that just require default config changes but will not
> > >work for compilation/upstream code changes.
> > >

> > I would prefer people working on documenting these. A good desktop users
> > guide and "power" user FAQ's  for Fedora which details out the common
> > changes such as these would be useful. I dont think installing different
> > packages for trivial changes such as these is really a good idea. What
> > if you install this package and then change the configuration to a
> > conflicting value?
> >
> Good idea!  Let's make that #4: Fedora Guide to Power-User Tweaks.  Are
> you volunteering to create and edit it?  (I wasn't volunteering to head
> a project to create defaults, so you can say no to this as well.)

Rahul agreed to edit if someone would write.  Anyone care to start
compiling something?  This would make a great starter project for
someone new to the docs process.