Self-Introduction: Kara Pritchard

kara at kspei.com kara at kspei.com
Fri Jul 15 20:11:28 UTC 2005

Full legal name: Kara J. Pritchard
City, Country: Fairview Heights, IL USA (suburb of St Louis)
Profession: Own a computer consulting, service, and retail shop.
Company: K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc. (www.kspei.com)

Goals: My goals are simple... to contribute.  Since moving on from LPI and
not having the extended time for publishing projects anymore, the itch to
contribute somewhere has been strong.  My husband is a maintainer for a
few Extras packages and suggested I take a look at this project.  I must
admit that my available free time is erratic, however.

What do you want to write about?
KJP: I'm best with instructional documentation such as HOWTOs,
Step-By-Step, or Training guides.  Therefore, I think topics geared toward
the user audience would be the most interesting.

Do you want to edit for grammar/writing and/or technical accuracy?
KJP: I've done technical editing for several book and magazine publishers.
I'm quite opinionated when it comes to the clarity and feel a reader gets
from a writing sample.  I'm very good at giving that opinion, so don't ask
me to do it if you don't want any complaints :)

What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?
KJP: I authored two editions of the RHCE Exam Cram in '99 and '00.  I
contributed to a guide to DocBook, been a project reviewer for New
Riders, an editor for O'Reilly, IDG, and Linux User/Format/Magazine.  I
was also responsible for all the content development for the LPI exams
from Dec '99 through this spring.

What level and type of computer skills do you have?
KJP: I'm becoming quite the hardware geek.  I build a lot of Linux-based
workstations and high-end servers.  I do more admin work when it comes to
Linux than consulting, installation, etc.  I'm not a programmer, though
have been known to read through a perl or shell script on occasion.

What other skills do you have that might be applicable?
KJP: Good people skills, project management background

What makes you an excellent match for the project?
KJP: Long history in the Linux community, prior Linux-related technical
content development, editing, and management experience. Very
short-winded.

GPG KEYID and fingerprint

[kara at frell gpgfiles]$ gpg --fingerprint 6DEC5002
pub  1024D/6DEC5002 2002-01-22 Kara Pritchard <kara at kspei.com>
     Key fingerprint = 42AC 471F 6E98 8134 C39E  81F4 9F2E 1DEE 6DEC 5002
uid                            Kara Pritchard <kara at luci.org>
uid                            Kara Pritchard <kara at lpi.org>
sub  1024g/27194020 2002-01-22

President, KS Computer Room Inc.	kara at kspei.com