Status of Fedora docs

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 9 00:37:39 UTC 2005

Hi

> I don't see the RHEL docs license changing from OPL
> to FDL, but the OPL
> seems to allow you to do quite a bit with the
> content. Does this help at
> all in providing a base for the content you want?
>
> Best,
> -- Elliot

unfortunately not. fedora docs are to be licensed
under GNU FDL. RHEL docs are licensed under OPL and
these two licenses are incompatible with each other
which means we will have to rewrite them for fedora
from scratch . If RHEL docs cannot be relicensed under
GNU FDL for any reason (I would like to know why) then
it would be a better idea to allow fedora docs to be
licensed under OPL

Regards
Rahul Sundaram