package diff between FC4 and FC3

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 22:52:00 UTC 2005

If anyone has time to replace the cruft at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraDocs_2fRelNotes_2fCore4Test1RelNotes

with this:

http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/relnotes-wip/added.out
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/relnotes-wip/removed.out
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/relnotes-wip/changed.out

that would be great. :)

I ran a script against dist-fc3 and dist-fc4 to generate a big list of
added, removed, and changed, then parsed them into separate files and
cleaned them up a bit for easier insertion in the Wiki.

For ease, we can probably just include the package changes with version
numbers and change arrow -> in a bulleted list.  We haven't historically
(afaict) done a changed list.

Deprecated is subjective.  We'll have to get developer input or seek
another method to find out what is deprecated.

This is probably a good 90% of the truth, possible 100% of the truth, in
terms of the difference between the two base installs.

- Karsten
              Learn, Network and Experience Open Source.
Red Hat Summit, New Orleans 2005   http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/