Are Fedora docs readable?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue May 10 17:37:46 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 11:06 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:
>
> > I think we should consider requiring documentation to include a
> > prominent link in the DTD comments that points people to a "how to
> build
> > this document" spot on f.r.c.  Anyone care to comment?
>
> Well, none of the source code I come across on the web has a "how to
> compile me" comment in the "main.c" file ;-)
>
> If folks come in by the backdoor via a Google search, and the don't
> bother to move up a level in the URL if there's something they don't
> understand then is a comment somewhere going to help them?
>
> The reason my reply to the OP was border-line snide was to suggest
> that the question was not answerable in its current form and that the
> OP needed to do a bit more homework.
>
> I think this is really a non-problem.

You may be right.  My natural inclination -- and that of many others in
the FDP -- is to try and make life easier for someone who is having
difficulties, but there is a point beyond which the bar shouldn't be
lowered.  Otherwise we'd spend all our times fixing these kind of
problems.  Thanks for the reminder.