establishing a timezone for FDP

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 16:07:24 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 15:49 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 07:43 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > 24 October 17:00 Easter Time
> >
> > Does this make sense?
>
> Make sense? It has absolutely no meaning to me at all.

Well, that's fine, and we can just as easily all say UTC.

You know why I do this practice, not because it is right or good, but
because it resolves most easily in the greatest percentage of Red Hat
brains.

I know, I know, the higher calling is to teach the best practice.

What else I want to know is, what is the right time to set a deadline?

* One minute before midnight
* Midnight
* Noon
* COB in UTC
* Other

From when do you start counting days?

There has to be some balance between intuitive and always having to
calculate your local timezone and how many real days it is to you.  Is
this possible, given our limitations?

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide