Test of Docs Packaging

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Fri Oct 21 16:06:01 UTC 2005

Uttered Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>, spake thus:

> > What am I missing?
> 3) People who want to use the FDP structure to write their own
> documentation.
>
> They don't necessarily care a whit about our content, so CVS access and
> associated is not valuable.  Having a complete document building
> environment is.

Ah! Clarity!  "I see", said the blind man.  Much grass.

The key to cleanly producing the three RPM flavors your mentioned is
to provide a unique <flavor>.spec.in for each type.  In the
"%install" section for a flavor, we can hide all the sed/awk/install-fu we
will need.  Leave the "Makefile" and "Makefile.common" pretty much
unchanged and transform any necessary paths from the spec file.

I'll give this some thought, now that I understand the need.

Cheers