Local document customizations

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Oct 28 15:43:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 10:18 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> My question is this: do we want document authors to have that much
> control over the rendering, or is this a more project-level choice?

Excellent question, and I'm not sure of the answer.

I added some local customizations (trying to yank them out now to get in
sync with fdp) that allowed doc authors to pass in xsltproc --param and
--stringparam values (via the document Makefile).  This allowed for
local changes to the toc depth, or even adding glossary.collection
generation.  It's nice because it acts as an "opt-in" type service, and
is not required for basic documentation building.

-James

 James Laska         -- jlaska at redhat.com
 Quality Engineering -- Red Hat, Inc.