The translation of legal notice

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 15:06:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 01:04 +1100, SEKINE tatz Tatsuo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now I'm translating the release notes into Japanese.
>
> Unfortunately, Legal Notice written in English might lose
> its legality on some level in Japan.

Yes, AIUI, every single translation requires a separate legal approval.
Naturally, that lawyer needs to know the language.

Sorry for forgetting about this one, it has been a question since FC1.
I'll look into this immediately.

> Then, I'm thinking
> about adding translated one into Appendix as a guide
> (i.e. not replacing English one).

Interesting.  As Tommy has pointed out, putting it in the Appendix
removes some of the legal imperative.  By being an attachment instead of
part of the main body, we reduce it's relevance.

I wonder ... if it is clearly marked as being a non-legal approved
translation, will that work?

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide