TOC for Command Prompt Survival Guide

James McElhannon jlm at magnifisys.com
Fri Apr 28 20:50:34 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I wanted to propose the following TOC for the Command Prompt Survival
Guide, one of the current Doc Ideas...

I would plan on submitting this document to the LDP, too.  Their
equivalent doc is aging and is lite on details.

Please let me know your feedback.

- ---

There are 5 chapters shown below, with the sections numbered.  The
Concepts chapter sets forth just enough theory to be able to use the
commands below.

The Scenario chapter would put forth some common scenarios that people
would be faced with.  The text would describe the usage of a set of
commands to perform a task, cross referenced to the Commonly Used
Commands section.

The Commonly Used Commands would not be a reproduction of the man pages,
but would instead focus on the common usage of the command.

The Tools would section would be brief scripts to make some things
easier.  I would expect that the details of this section would arise
during the writing of the rest of the text.  Any redundant operations
shown during the Scenarios would be candidates.

Introduction
1.	General introduction

Concepts:
1.	Shells