Fedora Installation Guide writer opening

Robert F. Chapman robert_chapman at maximhq.com
Fri Jul 21 19:52:40 UTC 2006

I wouldn't mind getting involved with the Installation guide. I really
think I need some guidance and mentoring to get started.  I have looked
at many of the guides but still haven't found a starting place.

I'm very new to the Doc-Book style and methods. I have yet to to find a
tool to help me with creating Doc-Book documents, by hand is fine as
well (vi is my close friend).  I am currently working on a couple of
documents for my work, I am trying BlueFish as an editor, as it seems to
handle many of the tags for doc-book.

I need to come up with a development environment that allows me to
easily turn my plain text ruff drafts into well structured documents.
Examples of others development environments and methods would be most
helpful to get me started.

Questions:

Is the Installation Guide being re-written or just updated/improved for
FC6.

I have yet to install FC6-test1, and will have to do so. Are
others/developers providing information for the guide or would I be a
sole contributor?

Are there any members of the doc-list, located in the S.F. Bay area that
I would be able to meet with to help get me started? I work in Sunnyvale
Calif. and love Starbucks. I also frequent a couple of the local Linux
Users Groups.

Thanks,

Robert Chapman