Fedora Installation Guide writer opening

Chidananda Jayakeerti ajchida at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 04:45:23 UTC 2006

On 7/22/06, Robert F. Chapman <robert_chapman at maximhq.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't mind getting involved with the Installation guide. I really
> think I need some guidance and mentoring to get started.  I have looked
> at many of the guides but still haven't found a starting place.
>
> I'm very new to the Doc-Book style and methods. I have yet to to find a
> tool to help me with creating Doc-Book documents, by hand is fine as
> well (vi is my close friend).  I am currently working on a couple of
> documents for my work, I am trying BlueFish as an editor, as it seems to
> handle many of the tags for doc-book.
>
> I need to come up with a development environment that allows me to
> easily turn my plain text ruff drafts into well structured documents.
> Examples of others development environments and methods would be most
> helpful to get me started.
>

> Questions:
>
> Is the Installation Guide being re-written or just updated/improved for
> FC6.
>
> I have yet to install FC6-test1, and will have to do so. Are
> others/developers providing information for the guide or would I be a
> sole contributor?
>
> Are there any members of the doc-list, located in the S.F. Bay area that
> I would be able to meet with to help get me started? I work in Sunnyvale
> Calif. and love Starbucks. I also frequent a couple of the local Linux
> Users Groups.

Hello Robert,

I feel at home with vi for docbook and wouldn't mind a better tool to edit
documents. Currently  I use vi to edit docbook documents and use the docbook
utils to convert them to the necessary formats. Using vi and rendering with
docbook-tools is laborious and time consuming.

I'm curious about the development environment of other writers as well and
wonder if there are any better tools/methods for document generation.

Chida