Guide on release notes translation?

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Jun 29 01:28:08 UTC 2006

Hello.

I searched the wiki for a page explaining how the translation of the
beats work (or should work), but didn't find any.

Some other questions that come to my mind concerning the relnotes
translation:

   * Does the "release notes freeze day" mean that a translator can't
(or shouldn't) translate the .po file earlier?
  * Is the 'release-notes/devel' cvs module updated from the wiki before
the freeze day so that we can star working on the translation before the
freeze day?
  * If yes, how often?
  * What's the best way to retain the translated parts of the older
beats without translating them again?

If there is such a page (targeted for translators, not beat writers),
someone please point it out to me (sorry for not finding it).

If not, then I believe such a page would be useful, because the
translation of the release notes are somewhat different from the rest of
the docs.

Thanks.

-Dim

--