Self-Introduction: Chris Savage

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 18:21:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 02:37 +0100, Chris Savage wrote:

> I'm not sure if I'm supposed to drop this in bullet-points or not, but
> that feels weird.

Meh.  Let's fix that self-intro page so it doesn't feel onerous.  I like
your paragraph style, maybe that should be the New Way.

> My name is Chris Savage, most people just refer to me as Savage, I'm
> (soon to be) living in Bradford in the UK and am a student at the
> University of Bradford.
>
> My goals? Well I really want to get involved in (and give something back
> to) the community more than I am at present. I quite like writing
> tutorials/HOWTOs as these help me remember (and learn) more as I go
> along. I'm happy to edit for technical accuracy.

Welcome then, this is definitely the place for you.  Obligatory first
question is, do you want:

A. Direction on where to start
B. Some guidance and some being left to your own devices
C. Answers whenever you ask questions

Also, as we're always trying to improve the contribution process *and*
know there are sticking points in that process, let us know what you
come across and help us fix it.

> Now I need to go read up on DocBook :)

Sure thing, but don't let that slow down your enthusiasm.  We do a ton
of work on the Wiki, you just need an account[1] and we can add you to
the EditGroup to get started.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/