Some thoughts on beat writing

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 19:24:12 UTC 2008

Mcd -- are you by chance coming to FUDCon in January?  Working out a
new process and some tools to go with it for F11 beat writing would
make a great hackfest.  It's also a chance to teach the sub-projects
how to support their beat(s).

More below ...

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 07:56:45PM -0500, John J. McDonough wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul W. Frields"
> <stickster at gmail.com>

So, yes, there is a novel idea here -- a permanent beat page on the
wiki that has:

* Commands to use to get more info about packages (yum info, rpm -q
  --changelog)

* List of packages for that section

* Programmatically generated changes between FN and FN-1

This is similar to the long requested, sometimes provided, and always
dubious "list of packages changed for this release."  When we do this,
it is always a long, long list on a wiki page; it doesn't belong in
the notes themselves; it is slightly useful but only so much so.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41