Fedora User Guide

Matthew Daniels danielsmw at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 01:57:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Karsten Wade wrote:

> Matthew -- if I get us the fedorahosted.org space setup, can you
> convert some of these in to tasks to track there?  I haven't done a
> full fhosted.org setup yet, so I'll document it as I go. ;-)

Of course.  Just let me know when it's setup and where to access it.

> As we find pages like that (and put them in [[Category:Documentation]]
> and/or [[Category:How to]]), we can link to them from the User Guide.
> This gives us nice longevity and control -- the UG stands alone a bit
> better as a starting place, and let's us wikify some of the stickier
> how-to details that change as the release progresses.  Anything
> pertinent can migrate to the UG, for further translation etc.

The only minor problem with this is that we can't include various wiki
pages in the published guides, and, even if we link to them, they will
eventually be outdated.  I think this is something we can overlook,
though.  Topics for more advanced users will be looked at my more advanced
users who should be able to figure it out.  +1 on this idea.

-Matthew