Docs help requested for Feature Page Summary

Susan Lauber laubersm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 19 19:46:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 1:31 PM, John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Docs People,
>
> I'm wondering of there are any people who would be willing to do their
> word-smithing magic on the text for this page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/11/FeatureList

I made one quick pass a this from a general standpoint.

> This page gets a lot of exposure and is read by a lot of different
> audiences, including the media. I'd like to make sure it is understandable
> and reads as well as it can.  The summary that accompanies each feature name
> is particularly important. For the most part the summary comes directly from
> the individual feature page.

I'll need to read a few of the feature pages before I can help more, but I
see some candidates for updates :)

One recurring question:  Do the different audiences know what rebase is?
For example:
"Update Xfce to the upstream 4.6 release with many new improvements and
features." seems like a good clip
but " Rebase to Gnome 2.26"  maybe not so much.
I know that most of Fedora community should understand this description but
what about the other audiences that you are targeting with this page?

-Susan

> Thanks,
> John

Susan Lauber, (RHCX, RHCA, RHCSS)
Lauber System Solutions, Inc.
http://www.laubersolutions.com
gpg: 15AC F794 A3D9 64D1 D9CE  4C26 EFC3 11C2 BFA1 0974