Plans for Monday and Release Day

Jack Aboutboul jaa at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 16:50:24 UTC 2009

Hello All,

Cross posting this to a couple of lists, so that we can mobilize as many
people on the ground as possible.

Tuesday is sure to be a very big day for all of us.  I'm gonna try and
lay out some of the activities that are being planned for Monday, to
build buzz, and then for Tuesday, release day.  If you have any
comments, of course, please reply.

*Monday, 15:00 UTC Time, 10:00AM Eastern Time *

Start releasing some media, including a couple of interviews and the
Fedora 11 Tour, which can be found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_tour

I need a volunteer to submit it to the various social news sites, and
then I will follow up and coordinate with people to digg it/pick it
up/tag it, etc.  **It is important that we all put in effort to take a
couple minutes to participate in these things, because alot of effort
goes into posting this stuff up and if we don't do it, its a tremendous
missed opportunity to build buzz.**

For all those involved in the News Distribution Network, or if you want
to be involved, please help spread these around to sites in your native
language and add news source to the list linked of the main page.  A
list is here is linked off the main page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_news_distribution_network

*Tuesday, 15:00 UTC Time, 10:00AM Eastern Time

*Fedora 11 is released.

Fedora News Distribution Network guys are supposed to spring into action.

We have a press archive set up at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/PressArchive/F11

If you come across something interesting, whether in english, or
whatever language is your preference, please feel free to add it there.
This will be a great resource is tracking what press coverage looks like
on release day, and the in the days afterwards, when people finally get
F11 installed and up and running.

Also, for the marketing and ambassadors teams, will be on irc all day
long in #fedora-mktg, in constant contact, posting whatever we find on
the net and paying attention to conversations taking place so that we
can counteract as much FUD as possible.  For anyone doing that, please
be courteous in your replies, we are all representatives of the
community and there is no reason to get involved in flame wars.

Please add stuff, as I am sure there is more stuff to do.  Otherwise, I
wish everyone a good weekend and look forward to Tuesday which is going
to be an awesome day.

Jack