Howto: Compiz on Fedora

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 16:23:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Bruno Wolff III<bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 15:45:30 +0200,
>  Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I updated Fedora wiki pages with instructions on how to install Compiz
>> on Fedora 10 and 11:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/compiz
>>
>> Please use this and give back some feedback, or even better go to wiki
>> page and edit it to make it better.
>
> Why are some many packages needed to be explicitly included in the yum install
> command line? Shouldn't most of these be covered as dependencies?

I don't know, I'm not a packager, but you can easily check and report
back to this list.

One other solution would also be to make a virtual package...

> Is compiz still restricted to one row in the desktop taskbar display?
> I like to have lots of desktops (12 to 15) and want to use 3 rows as 1 row
> ends up taking too much space.

Not sure, you can also ask on compiz mailing lists for more details, I
only use 4 desktop and that is plenty for me ;)

> You should also include instructions for how to switch back to metacity.
> I found it really annoying the first time I tried compiz, found out I
> couldn't easily have lots of desktops and wasn't sure how to switch back.

I had no issues of which you talk about so if you have some experience
with this please feel free to share your experience and also for
others on fedora wiki. It is easy to get access to write to it. if you
really don't want then write it up and I'll post it there for you.

Cheers.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic