Tomorrow's Docs Meeting

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:52:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 01:07:44PM -0400, Eric Christensen wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 09:33 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:43:25AM -0400, Eric Christensen wrote:
> > > I have further updated the agenda for tomorrow's meeting[1].  If you
> > > have an opinion on how the Beta Announcement should read or what tool(s)
> > > we will use to publish our documentation then you should be there!
> >
> > I have an update that is a potential show stopper.  According to this
> > page:
> >
> > https://translate.fedoraproject.org/tx/projects/docs-release-notes/master/
> >
> > ... building with Publican means no translation using common L10n
> > infrastructure.  Each translator would have to 'git clone' the
> > repository or otherwise submit PO files more manually.
> >
> > So that's a patch to Transifex needed for Publican; a few patches to
> > Publican to make it produce RPMs compliant to Fedora Packaging
> > Guidelines; and package freeze is coming very quickly on 14 April.
>
> So those are pretty big problems.  We need to hash this problem out at
> tonight's meeting.

Yes, I've been asking about the changes needed to Transifex to support
Publican.  The Transifex team maintains that they are fairly minor but
they are looking for help to make those changes because they have a
number of other priorities to handle on their roadmap.  Some of the
Red Hat I18n folks who are being asked to devote time to making the
changes say that there's a more substantial chunk of work needed.

Not being a coder I have no way to tell what's correct, but Dimitris
Glezos pointed me directly at this code, that I think allows multi-POT
group stats calculation.  If I understand Dimitris correctly, the
changes required to the back end and UI to do delivery and submission
of multi-POT modules would be in a similar vein.

http://dpaste.com/18451/