Upcoming Fedora 13 Tasks

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Tue Apr 13 14:48:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 09:33 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 02:52:33PM -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> > Start       End         Name
> > Wed 18-Nov  Tue 04-May  Create POT files for All Guides
> > Mon 12-Apr  Mon 12-Apr  Build and Post release-notes to fedorahosted.org
>
> That should read "to docs.fedoraproject.org" -- and was done.  Thanks
> for the assist, Rudi!

And thanks to stickster, too!

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2010-April/002784.html

> > Wed 21-Apr  Wed 21-Apr  Remind Translation: RPM Freeze (no more POTs) in
> > 5 days
> > Fri 23-Apr  Fri 23-Apr  Reminder to Trans that Final Guides POT files
> > are coming
> > Mon 26-Apr  Thu 06-May  Daily builds of Final guides for Translation
> > Mon 26-Apr  Mon 26-Apr  Generate GA Release Notes POT files for Translation
> > Tue 27-Apr  Mon 03-May  Build GA release note htmls for Translation
> > Tue 27-Apr  Mon 03-May  Review and correct GA Release Notes (daily
> > builds html)
>
> Does anyone see any problems with our meeting this section of the
> schedule?  I think it looks OK, but I'd like to hear from others.  We
> can discuss at this week's Docs meeting.

I think we're in good shape here.  The one thing hanging out there is
whether we want to translate the Technical Notes. Oh yes, and I'm having
trouble building the Technical Notes in pdf.  There is only a tiny part
of the Tech Notes that actually needs translation, so it hardly seems
worth it.  On the other hand, it looks like a pretty easy one to
translate.

rudi votes for translating it, and I think I agree with him.  POTs are
in the repo, so all we need is the tfx plumbing.  With the beta imminent
it has been a pretty low priority.  It will get rebuilt shortly before
GA, but none of the translatable stuff should change (unless some
reviewer has a particular problem with my couple of paragraphs of
prose).

--McD