Updated en_US release notes?

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Wed Apr 21 20:49:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 16:24 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Our wiki beats are supposedly frozen now for content changes.  We are
> set to deliver the final POTs to L10n on Monday.
>
> That means that over the next few days, we need to look over all the
> beats on the wiki, and perform the following (not too difficult)
> procedure:
>
> 1. Find out if anything's changed there by looking at the wiki page's
> history

I updated the Documentation_beats page based on a trip through the beats
on Monday.  Anything with a 1 in the Wiki column and a 0 in the Publican
column has changed since beta.

Things with red 0's in the Wiki column are pages (3 of them) where we
have feature pages but no prose.  I thought some of the folks who aren't
comfortable with Publican yet might want to attack these.

There are a number of empty beats, mostly these are OK.  However, there
are a couple we need to drag up some content for.

> 3. If the change isn't already in there, make the change to the XML,
> being careful not to disturb existing text if at all possible (to make
> life easier for translators).
>
> 4. Mark that beat as done on the beats page:
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Beats
>
> We'll go over some of this tonight at the content party right after
> the Docs meeting.  The Docs meeting happens at 2300 UTC, and is
> scheduled for an hour.  We'll meet in #fedora-docs on IRC afterward.

A kind of an uh-oh.  The mw-render we used for converting the pages is
currently broken.  There is a fix in the works but I don't think it has
made it to the repos yet.  If you get a screenfull of error messages,
they might be fixed by yum downgrade 'python-twisted-core'.  Maybe the
new library will make it out soon.

--McD