guide admins

Eric "Sparks" Christensen sparks at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 14 03:24:33 UTC 2010

On 01/13/2010 02:39 PM, Karsten Wade wrote:
> Some suggestions:
>
> * Can active writers/leaders/admins for those groups address the open
>   requests so people don't feel forgotten forever?

Yeah, I'm seeing one of two types of requests come in:
1) People that need that extra group to vote or have access to something
that apply to the first thing they see.

2) People that want to work with something but don't understand they
need to be a part of the Docs Project first.

Hopefully we don't have requests where people are trying to gain access
to stuff to do bad things.

> * Can someone do an audit to make sure that all of our guides have
>   active maintainers, who have admins privileges, and know to respond
>   to the requests?

Yeah, this needs to happen.  I'm not sure how many groups are out there
but it is time to do some auditing, again.

> * Can we coordinate to make sure requests aren't left too long?

If we make all the git/svn/etc groups dependent on Docs membership this
might help with all the requests.

We should review these requests weekly, at least.

> The open problem is that people request to join a group without ever
> knowing about or following a related joining process.

Can't we add a link in the description that shows people the proper
joining process?

> When I was an active guide/group maintainer, I would cycle through,
> send email to people asking them to following the process at URL, then
> delete their request after it hung out for more than a month.

Yeah, that's a good plan.  We have some tools in IRC that allow us to
look at FAS IDs and see if something doesn't look right.

> cheers - Karsten

- --Eric

- --
- --Eric