Fedora 14 Schedule

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Wed Jun 23 13:46:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 06:16 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:

> Yes, TaskJuggler has the illusion of being a GUI scheduling tool like
> Microsoft Project or GanttProject which it is not.  It is better thought
> of as an IDE.
>
> I'm still not following the logic of this thread :)  Be bold, ask for
> exactly what you need to make your work easier!
>
> Attached is a gantt chart for the Docs Team and another combining Docs
> and Translation.  Generating this chart is a hack I should probably blog
> about.

** Docs folks please review attached PDFs **

John

I've been able to go one better, a single page Gantt for each of the
major pieces, which I have been bleeding on and hope to talk about at
the meeting tonight.  When there are only a relative few tasks, it is
easier to get your head around, and there aren't interdependencies
between guides and release notes, and really only one between beta and
GA.  When you can print it out on a single page it is a lot easier to
deal with and sit and scratch your head over.

What I have found so far, as I said, are real fine points:
1) One or two places where I think we could benefit from an additional
notification
2) A couple of places where some wording changes might be helpful
3) One place where something in beta belongs in GA

I'm not entirely sure I'm happy with beta.  Still some noodling to do.

Gantts attached - Docs folks please look over if you can before the
meeting tonight.

We'll run these by the team tonight and see what I'm overlooking.

--McD