Atn dainelsm: User Guide

Susan Lauber laubersm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 12 02:16:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Ruediger Landmann <r.landmann at redhat.com>wrote:

> On 03/12/2010 03:27 AM, Susan Lauber wrote:
> > You were going to send me your User Guide rework efforts
> > or get them in git and let me know which branch to work on so I can push
> the
> > User guide forward.
> >

> Hi Susan --
>
> The current maintenance branch is "master", the reworked Guide is in the
> "devel" branch.
>
> Thanks Rudi.
It look like devel does have the outline that Matthew has on his User page.

But it also looks like it is the old publican - it has a Make file - while
the master branch looks like it has been converted to publican 1.0 - it has
a publican.cfg file.  I suppose this is where I should learn what it takes
to convert from the old to the new - is it really as easy as running an
old2new command?

I'll try to catch you in irc so you can help me out.

> At this point (unless an absolutely Herculean effort goes into the
> "devel" version in the next few weeks), we should assume that an updated
> version of "master" will form the basis of the F13 guide and "devel"
> might be ready for F14.
>
> You may be correct.  Though it does sound like Matthew has some content on
his home computer.  I'm interested in see that before I dig into making
"master" F13 and saving "devel" for F14.

--
Susan Lauber, (RHCX, RHCA, RHCSS)
Lauber System Solutions, Inc.