Fedora 13 Release Notes

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Mon Mar 22 23:56:43 UTC 2010

On 03/23/2010 09:23 AM, John J. McDonough wrote:

> Meanwhile, within Docs we have been having some discussion about how we
> may want to change our delivery.  To an extent, we are dragging our feet
> a bit to see what Zikula can bring to the table, but we are hopeful that
> the new langpacks along with Zikula might lead to a more sane solution.

On the subject of Zikula --

As another option, Publican 2.0 (due soon) has a web publishing
component built into it. This might prove easy and practical for d.fp.o;
I'm just not sure what infra changes we would need to make it fly (but
it does away with the CVS madness...)

At the moment, the only thing I can point us to externally is Jeff's own
fedorapeople page: http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org -- note the Publican
User Guide in the left-hand pane.

Unfortunately, Jeff's page only hosts a single doc in a single language
so far, so it doesn't really show the tech to its full advantage, but
you should get the general idea. Note that the javascript menu degrades
gracefully to plain text if needed -- which avoids our current "duct
taped" menu board that has attracted some criticism.

There's a fuller description of the component in Jeff's post to
publican-list here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/publican-list/2010-March/msg00021.html

and on the front page of Jeff's fedorapeople page, linked above
("Creating a Publican WebSite")

I hope to use this tech on my own fedorapeople page when I start putting
up test builds of the Install Guide and other docs in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Rudi