Btrfs and SSSD in Fedora 13 feature profiles: Review

Gerard Ryan mail.gerardryan at gmail.com
Wed May 12 23:04:57 UTC 2010

On 12/05/10 13:12, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you might have noticed, the marketing team has been doing a few
> feature profiles covering various new features in Fedora 13,  the last
> ones remaining are one of Btrfs and SSSD
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Btrfs_in_Fedora_13
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SSSD_in_Fedora_13
>
> So, take a quick look and let me if you have any suggestions on
> improving it.  Documentation folks -  appreciate you review as well.  We
> would like to send it out to the press in a couple of days.
>
> Rahul

Hi Rahul,

I read the Btrfs interview, and I noted the following:

1.
'So right before doing a big yum update our plugin we'll take a snapshot
of the filesystem, now you have two copies of the filesystem, and then
yum does its update onto your original volume.'

- --I would suggest adding a comma after 'big yum update,' (for
readability) and change 'we'll' to 'will' ('we'll' seems to be a typo
there).

2.
'How many developers are working on Btrfs full time and from Red Hat?
What do they focus on?'

- --Either remove 'and' or say 'How many developers from Red Hat are
working on Btrfs full time?'

3.
'Is there any features that ZFS has that Btrfs does not at this point?'

- --Needs to be: 'Are there any features that ZFS has that Btrfs does not
at this point?'

I hope this has been helpful. Obviously there might be other things that
I missed also.

Gerard.