Greetings

Jacques C. Boulet jboulet at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 12 23:50:47 UTC 2011

Greetings everyone,

	My name is Jacques Boulet. I am currently earning an Associates
of Applied Science in Computer Information Systems here in the U.S. I
have approximately one more year before I earn my degree and I would
like to find something to help me solidify the skills I have already
learned. I would also like the opportunity to learn other skills that I
might not be able learn to in a school environment. Hopefully something
real world that I can use when I find a good career.
	I would place my computer skill in the intermediate level. I
know enough to do minor code hacks, write very simple things in Java,
configure and operate servers, etc. Though I am no system admin capable
of running and trouble shooting networks for major corporations, or
leading a software development project. I have a good, solid
understanding of how computer work, and I am learning more everyday.
	Furthermore, I am not new to Linux. I have been using it on and
off since 1997 or 1998. The first distribution I used was SuSE 5.2 and
it had KDE 1.0 beta on it. I started using Fedora around F11 and have
really fallen in love with it. I solely run Linux now and have for
about the past four years. Again, I am not capable of being a lead
Unix/Linux system admin for some big corporation, but I am an avid user
of Linux and I do posses a sound understanding of it.
	I have also done work, briefly, on the Mephisto Backup Project.
I was in a beginning programming class and knew the founder of that
project. I only helped for about a month before I began to get
overwhelmed with school and work.

SourceForge project page for Mephisto:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mephistobackup/

	Right off the top of my head the most beneficial skill that I
posses for the Documentation project is my use of OOo and MS Word over
the past year with school. I Think I have written enough reports to get
enough experience with those two office suites that I am confident I
can turn out some decent documents.
	What I believe would make me a good match for this project is
that I really want to work on my writing skills. I know that English
and grammar are weak points for me and I can't think of a better way to
improve than to write documentation with the whole world as your
editor. :)
	Anyway, I look forward to learning more, meeting you guys and
making some new friends.

Jacques.

pub   2048R/29DF0B89 2011-02-12
Key fingerprint = 8A4C 0C4E AFD9 B353 972D  73C5 F2CB 8C93 29DF 0B89
uid  Jacques Boulet (Christ 4 Life) <jboulet at earthlink.net>
sub   2048R/DE55D6C9 2011-02-12