This is so bogus.

Nathan Thomas nathan at afternoondust.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 10:02:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 16:54 -0400, Eric H. Christensen wrote:

> While installing the Cloud Guide to the docs.fp.o website I noticed the following error streaming across my screen:
>
> ERROR: bogus entry found in DB: en-US/Fedora/15/pdf/Technical_Notes
>
> Any ideas?  BTW, I'm not doing anything with the Technical Notes...
>
> --Eric

I saw this error message too when I was installing the Live Image Guide.
I think it is an error with the git repository - files have been deleted
from the working tree, but not from the index database, so git complains
that there are index entries that don't exist.

Perhaps this from the git rm man page might help?

>     If all you really want to do is to remove from the index the files
that
>       are no longer present in the working tree (perhaps because your
working
>       tree is dirty so that you cannot use git commit -a), use the
following
>       command:

>           git diff --name-only --diff-filter=D -z | xargs -0 git rm
--cached

Nathan

--
! Please note my new email address !