Migrating Docs to new Transifex server

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 17:38:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 01:51:09PM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:19:12AM -0500, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> > On 2011-02-22 09:46:06 AM, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
> > > That's going to be a problem...  It was seamless before.  Things just
> > > happened without a lot of user interaction which is good because people
> > > just don't have time for a lot of extra steps.  I know John scripted
> > > many steps to keep his sanity dealing with the Release Notes.  Is there
> > > a way to script this on the backend?
> > If you want seamless transifex pushing/pulling, we can look at
> > integrating the transifex steps into the docs build process, or if
> > desired, a git hook.
>
> Ricky et al.,
>
> Dimitris and I were talking about language mappings earlier, which I
> think will need to figure into the tooling to achieve something like
> seamlessness.
>
> The point being that, AFAICT, Docs is going to need some help with the
> tooling so they can continue doing their actual documentation work for
> F15.

I haven't seen more discussion about this here -- has anyone made a
request for help from either Infrastructure, or has Ricky talked to
someone elsewhere about rigging up the steps above?  Just speaking as
a guy who's trying to gear back up to being a team member, it's
unclear to me whether anyone's handling this problem.  I think
everyone agrees we don't want it to gather moss until a crucial point
in the release cycle.

So, who's got the ball?