Removing the Fedora Release Notes from the releases.

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Mon Sep 12 19:28:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 15:13 -0400, Eric H. Christensen wrote:

> > > To reduce the strain on the process I'd like to propose that the Release Notes not be packaged (in RPM) and included in the releases and only be made available on the Fedora Docs website.

Well, to be clear, I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch over taking them
out, or leaving them in.  It just isn't a big whoop to package them, and
I wouldn't want people thinking it was a big burden.

To me, the main selling point for taking them out would be saving space
on the LiveCD.  But as someone mentioned, this is probably the wrong
group to ask.

In fact, we recently got a duplicate of a bug I closed because I haven't
found the time to push an F15 update to docs.fp.o.  Right now, the repos
are more up to date than the web.

--McD