Resurrecting mw-render

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Fri Feb 3 21:36:28 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 03:04:37PM -0500, John J. McDonough wrote:
> It is tough to do a really thorough test until there is some content in
> the beats, but a quick attempt looks promising.  It gives some rather
> lengthy error messages that almost look as if they came from publican,
> but the resulting XMLs seem to be OK.
>
> Passing a couple of pages through my sed script only took some minor
> (and obvious) edits to be accepted by publican.

Sweet -- so that means we're on the right track sticking with mw-render.
(Or on *a* right track.)

It doesn't look like they're keeping the docbook writer that well
maintained, but it is a separate project and I'm sure they'd love some
patches. If not we'll fork it on GitHub and call ourselves upstream.

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>