Finish Alpha Release Notes for F17.

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 16:46:20 UTC 2012

On 02/22/2012 06:42 AM, John J. McDonough wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 09:56 +0100, Romain Forlot wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Draft is ready, wrotes by jjcmd, I clean up wiki page and I don't see what
>> to do now.
>>
>> What's the next ?
> Probably should have someone like Robyn who is maybe more in tune with
> the whole release, or maybe some marketing person, look it over.
Oh, yes, here's my B.M.T.F. (Beefy Miracle Tuning Fork) :)

* Re: OpenStack: Essex isn't released yet, and won't be until April. So
I think it's hard to say that Essex is in Alpha, though we expect what's
in F17 to be updated to the final version of essex before release time.
I would honestly just say "OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, and
OpenNebula".
* New Xen API and oVirt aren't done being packaged yet.  FESCo has given
them both a bit of a pass as they're "shiny marketing" things, and while
I expect they'll both be done, I don't know that we want to tell people
that they're there to try if they aren't.
* JBOSS should be JBoss
* Multitouch should probably land under end-user features
* Do we even support Jigdo anymore??
* One last comment: The "Release Overview" section says this: "The
following sections provide a brief overview of major changes from the
last release of Fedora."  The "What's New in F17" reads a bit more like
Marketing stuff (not that I have any problems with that! :D) - but I do
wonder about detailing any of the significant changes that are more
under-the-hood.  Things like /usr move, firewalld, for example.

> BTW,I like your touch-ups.
They go well in hand with the Release Announcement ;) (I'm not quite
done with it, but it's got a huge excellent start.)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F17_Alpha_release_announcement

Thoughts welcomed on any comments above....

-r