Finish Alpha Release Notes for F17.

Romain Forlot rforlot at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 14:50:59 UTC 2012

On 02/22/2012 06:42 AM, John J. McDonough wrote:
 >> On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 09:56 +0100, Romain Forlot wrote:
 >>> Hi,
 >>>
 >>> Draft is ready, wrotes by jjcmd, I clean up wiki page and I don't see what
 >>> to do now.
 >>>
 >>> What's the next ?
 >> Probably should have someone like Robyn who is maybe more in tune with
 >> the whole release, or maybe some marketing person, look it over.
 >Oh, yes, here's my B.M.T.F. (Beefy Miracle Tuning Fork) :)

 >* Re: OpenStack: Essex isn't released yet, and won't be until April. So
 >I think it's hard to say that Essex is in Alpha, though we expect what's
 >in F17 to be updated to the final version of essex before release time.
 >I would honestly just say "OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, and
 >OpenNebula".
Ok I change wiki page to fit about that.
 >* New Xen API and oVirt aren't done being packaged yet. FESCo has given
 >them both a bit of a pass as they're "shiny marketing" things, and while
 >I expect they'll both be done, I don't know that we want to tell people
 >that they're there to try if they aren't.
I remove these parts but leaves features almost including in F17. Is
it good to include Xen API and oVirt news with reservations ?
 >* JBOSS should be JBoss
Fixed
 >* Multitouch should probably land under end-user features
Fixed too
 >* Do we even support Jigdo anymore??
Good question, I even don't heard about this thing. I don't know what
to do about it. Someone knows if it is supported ?
 >* One last comment: The "Release Overview" section says this: "The
 >following sections provide a brief overview of major changes from the
 >last release of Fedora." The "What's New in F17" reads a bit more like
 >Marketing stuff (not that I have any problems with that! :D) - but I do
 >wonder about detailing any of the significant changes that are more
 >under-the-hood. Things like /usr move, firewalld, for example.
I added parts to talk about this two things with Network Zones but I
don't see any else forgotten big features.

--
*Romain Forlot*

pub 4096R/862907E5 2011-05-26
Key fingerprint = 4549 A7CA 17DC D0AA 0FE0 7953 E6A8 A0C8 8629 07E5
uid Romain Forlot <rforlot at yahoo.com>
sub 4096R/153E34C2 2011-05-26