Self-Introduction

Scott Bicknell sbicknel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 08:47:11 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Let me tell you about myself.  I am the father of two children living in
Washington State in the USA and a former bus driver who has returned to
college to pursue a liberal arts degree.  My computer experience is mostly
non-professional.

I wrote a user tutorial for the GIMP Animation Package (GAP) a few years ago
and published it at gimptalk.com at the request of one of their moderators.
It remains as a primary tutorial on that site.  My other writing experience is
confined to blog postings and college essays.

In mid-March I plan to take a break from school and to devote my free time to
contributing to this project.

My computer skills include installing multiple operating systems in dual-boot
configurations and solving configuration problems.  I am not a computer
professional; I am a hobbyist with extensive DOS, OS/2, and Windows experience
and twelve years of desktop Linux experience.

Some of my previous work may apply to this project.  In two jobs I designed
and maintained multiple web sites.  For one of them I wrote a suite of bash
shell scripts that automated content updates on several web sites.

Fedora is my primary desktop operating system.  I have used it continuously
for more than two years.  Previously I used K/X/Ubuntu, SuSE, Slackware,
Mandrake, and Red Hat Linux beginning in 2001.  From my first day with Linux,
it has been my primary desktop OS.

My long experience with desktop Linux installations while maintaining a non-
professional user's perspective combined with my writing skills may help make
Fedora's documentation more accessible to less-technically-inclined users.

pub   1024D/884DE65B 2012-06-13
      Key fingerprint = EC25 A9D3 15AD 4B6D 2754  D5E5 27EB 101B 884D E65B
uid                  Scott Bicknell <sbicknel at gmail.com>
sub   1024g/BCCFA7ED 2012-06-13

--
Scott Bicknell