Self-Introduction: Navneet Singh

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Mon Feb 25 15:25:04 UTC 2013

On Monday, February 25, 2013 07:58:03 PM Navneet Singh wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am Navneet Kumar Singh, a second year undergraduating B.Tech Computer
Science Engineering Student from Jodhpur Institute of Engineering and
Technology, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India.

I live in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India ( GMT+5:30). My FAS account username is
"navneetsingh0693" and my IRC nickname is "ns0693".

I learned about Fedora Documentation Team from Fedora Wiki only, and i am
interested in writing some help documentation for fedora as it will easier to
start my contribution in Fedora and gain more experience.

I have also applied for Fedora Ambassadors. I picked up documentation because
it helps other new users and students easier to grab use of Linux and related
stuffs and spread knowledge about it.

I have not contributed in my writings to any such project Fedora but i have
written many articles in schools and have a habit of writing about everything
i see new. I am having good amount of Computer Skills including MS Office and
Libre Office as Software Packages, C/C++ as Languages, Linux/Windows as
Platforms.

I am a very enthusiastic person interested much in contributing in FOSS
projects and  chose Fedora as i love it.

GPG Key :
pub   2048R/3F045901 2013-02-25
Key fingerprint = E2D1 3061 56E4 6913 683F  7E21 22B7 5209 3F04 5901
uid                  Navneet Kumar Singh (IRC : ns0693, FAS :
navneetsingh0693) <navneetsingh0693 at gmail.com>
sub   2048R/5F93A4D1 2013-02-25

So, i request everyone to help me out in getting started.

Thanks,

Navneet Singh
- --------

- --------
Hello, Navneet, and welcome!

If you haven't found it yet, you can get started here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project?rd=DocsProject . As you read
through the wiki, you'll find that we have three major ventures:

The guides at https://docs.fedoraproject.org are the primary work.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table has a list of the
guides, and to get started there I suggest you work on an existing bug -
http://tinyurl.com/lbrq84 - or submit a patch in a new bug report. Some of the
source URLs are were incorrect last I checked the trac pages, but you can find
everything at http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/ .

Our second major work is the Release Notes.  We break the changes in each
release into categories called 'beats,' as described at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Documentation_beats .  You can mark
yourself down for a beat and research the important changes in that area, or
you can simply track changes that affect you and mark down what know. Every
little bit helps here, so feel free to take on as much or as little as you can
handle.

We also handle wiki gardening and maintenance. This has been left by the
wayside lately, and could really use some attention. Adding an include for a
'this document is obsolete' banner would go a long way.

Keep in mind that these are just suggestions. There are surely ways to
participate that I didn't list. The best advice I've seen was to be bold, and
commit often :-)

- --
- -- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader