New contributor for FreeIPA guide

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Sun Jun 30 01:27:22 UTC 2013

On 06/29/2013 01:09 PM, Jérôme Fenal wrote:
> 2013/6/29 Jérôme Fenal <jfenal at gmail.com>:

>>> Did you notice if Transifex's Translation Memory retained any of the
>>> translated strings?  I'm always curious about the scope the TM will
>>> apply to.
>> Well, I didn't check that, as I pushed my saved translations just
>> after creating the resources.
> Thinking of it, I suppose I could drop all the resources completely,
> recreate them without pushing my translations and check from there.
> I believe it would here because I would not drop the project completely.
>
> To be in the exact same conditions, you could check out my test
> project for the new Virt deploy&admin guide I created, drop it, and
> recreate it under Fedora's hood. I could then recreate the resources,
> and check here.
>
> Because I believe (from my memories of translating Transifex strings)
> that a translation memory is not share between projects. It would work
> within Fedora, but maybe not between two different projects (mine &
> Fedora).
>
> Want to try? ;)
>
> J.

Okay, I've created a project[1] and created resources by uploading POTs
from git[2]. The translation memory experiment I had in mind didn't work
out, since it doesn't look like there were any of the strings were in
the project TM to start with, but your translations will make a good
start. At least we now have this guide set up for translation.  As Nick
discovered, the source language *must* be 'en' for a project to be added
to the Fedora hub; I'll leave the test project you created for you to
delete when you're sure the POs have been salvaged.

Jérôme, per your comments above, I've sponsored your membership in the
docs and docs-writers FAS groups. After working with you with the
Release Notes, and observing in other areas, I have complete confidence
in both the quality of your commits and your judgement in working with
guide owners when the scope of your changes warrants it.

Laura, I have set up your guide for translation and invited you as a
maintainer on Transifex. I've also created the 'f19' branch of the git
repo to use for managing translations and publications for that
release.  As a side bonus, translators often do a great job providing
feedback :)

[1] https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/fedora-virt-deploy-and-admin/
[2]
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/docs/virtualization-deployment-and-administration-guide.git/