Self-Introduction

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Sat Aug 23 17:13:06 UTC 2014

On 08/22/2014 03:45 PM, Jacob Hunt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to the list and would like to participate in Fedora Documentation Project, and I'm requesting access to the "docs" group on FAS for my account (jhunt).
>
> I work at Red Hat as a Sr. Technical Account Manager (TAM) and have been here for several years, initially starting as a Consultant and RHCE Instructor at Red Hat.  As part of my role I have to create and maintain custom documentation for my accounts. I use LyX [1] to create all my documentation I like the professional look it gives my documents plus all the nice features compared to the common word processors.  I've dabbled with Publican a bit, but have no problem learning how to effectively use it to create documentation.
>
> I live outside of Boise, ID, US (UTC -6) and work from home as a remote employee.  Unless there is a need elsewhere I was thinking of helping on the Category Pages [2] to start.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jacob Hunt, RHCE
> Sr. Technical Account Manager
> Global Support Services
> Red Hat, Inc.
>
> mobile (208) 794-3408
> office (650) 254-4263
>
> Key ID = DB7CBBE7
> Key fingerprint = 163D 55B2 4C85 0C0B C4FA  9C2A C860 E3B1 DB7C BBE7
>
> [1] http://www.lyx.org
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Pages_that_need_love

Hi Jacob!

There have been a few rounds of introductory conversations on the list
recently, so I'll let you read them over.  If you have questions about
anything, please speak up!  Those of us with answers for new people will
never have that perspective again, so it can be hard to find where
things like the onboarding wiki pages need improvement.

Speaking of pages that need improvement, I think you have a good idea
with looking into the wiki pages that need love.  There's a nice mix of
technical pages and community process pages, and researching both will
be a good introduction into the Project.  Communication and
collaboration with other groups in Fedora is an area we truly need to
improve in, and your talking to people about their wiki pages will be a
very effective way to remind them we're here :)

Keep us in the loop about what you're working on, and you'll get
sponsored into the 'docs' FAS group in short order.

--
-- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader
 - immanetize at fedoraproject.org