Migration to Zanata

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 9 04:10:53 UTC 2014

(2014年12月04日 12:51), Pete Travis wrote:
> [...]
>> Could you now please advise the contacts of the dedicated owners for
>> migration?
>>
>> Package Name
>> anaconda-addon-development-guide
>> Community Services Infrastructure Security Policy
>> Common_Content for Publican
>> Defensive Coding Guide
>> Documentation website
>> docbook-locales
>> Accessibility Guide
>> Amateur Radio Guide
>> Burning ISOs
>> Cloud Guide
>> Fedora Cookbook
>> Documentation Guide
>> Elections Guide
>> FreeIPAGuide
>> Installation Quick Start Guide ---> depricated
>> Installation Guide
>> Fedora Jargon Buster ---> depricated
>> Live Images
>> Fedora Managing Confined Services ---> depricated
>> Musicians' Guide
>> Multiboot Guide
>> Networking Guide
>> OpenSSH Guide
>> Packager's Guide
>> Power Management Guide
>> Release Notes
>> Resource Management Guide ---> depricated
>> Fedora Respin Guide ---> depricated
>> Fedora RPM Guide ---> depricated
>> Security Guide
>> Fedora Selinux FAQ ---> depricated
>> Fedora Selinux Guide ---> depricated
>> Software Collections Guide
>> Software Management Guide
>> Storage Administration Guide
>> System Administrator's Guide
>> System Administrator's Reference Guide
>> Technical Notes
>> Translation Quick Start Guide
>> UEFI Secure Boot Guide
>> Virtualization Deployment and Administration Guide
>> Virtualization Getting Started Guide
>> Virtualization Security Guide
>> Wireless Guide ---> depricated
>> Publican branding for Fedora
>> rdo docs ---> depricated
>>
>> Many thanks in advance.
>>
>> [1]:http://zanata.org/help/
>>
>> Noriko Mizumoto
>> Fedora Localization Project
>>

> Hi Noriko,
> (sorry for posting out of order, I wanted to reply to the list of books)
>
> FWIW, the coordinator for each of our guides are shown in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table or
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_old_guides . As Petr said,
> hopefully the migration will be a group effort, but if Zanata has a
> concept of an "owner" then it should match the people in those tables.
>
> Ideally, all Fedora Docs writers should be able to push new strings to
> all of the Fedora guides.  We can add maintainers on the fly, of course,
> but if there's going to be mass creation of projects and assignment of
> maintainers, is it possible to have all the members of docs-writers[0]
> added up front ? Better yet, since I signed in with my FAS account -
> could Zanata use the group membership to identify us as maintainers of

Hi Pete
Atm, for docs books projects, we like and expect that the delegated
people in docs team will perform the migration manually, and we won't
touch any book. In order to avoid any confusion within translators, I am
tracking the migration process in the list [1]. It is appreciated if you
can advise me the date(s) or directly edit the list to add the date(s).
It would be nice if the project migration complete btw end of Jan to
early Feb, leaving some room for checking rest of Feb. When everything
good to go, all projects at Tx can be deleted (it means delete all data
in Tx permanently).

For the group membership, I don't have an answer for you. Could you
please ask at zanata-devel ML?

Besides we will give auto-migration for some software projects if the
maintainer prefers (this was suggested by some developer). If you prefer
this option, please advise as I need to schedule it. Auto-migration
should happen btw Dec and Jan.

[1]:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Books_To_Migrate

Thanks

noriko