Migration to Zanata

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 16:31:40 UTC 2014

Hi Noriko and others,

On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 14:10:53 +1000
Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi Pete
> Atm, for docs books projects, we like and expect that the delegated
> people in docs team will perform the migration manually, and we won't
> touch any book. In order to avoid any confusion within translators, I am
> tracking the migration process in the list [1]. It is appreciated if you
> can advise me the date(s) or directly edit the list to add the date(s).
> It would be nice if the project migration complete btw end of Jan to
> early Feb, leaving some room for checking rest of Feb. When everything
> good to go, all projects at Tx can be deleted (it means delete all data
> in Tx permanently).
>
> For the group membership, I don't have an answer for you. Could you
> please ask at zanata-devel ML?
>
> Besides we will give auto-migration for some software projects if the
> maintainer prefers (this was suggested by some developer). If you prefer
> this option, please advise as I need to schedule it. Auto-migration
> should happen btw Dec and Jan.

I think there has been some misunderstanding in this thread. I'm
volunteering to serve as a temporary owner for the migrated guides but I
certainly don't have time to manually migrate all the guides in question.
Not sure what others think, but I'm afraid a manual process would be
extremely time consuming.

Because the migrated guides store their translation files in a standardized
directory structure set by publican, I believe it should be possible to use
the same migration tools as with the software projects. Now, I don't know
the tooling you are going to use to migrate the software projects, but I
hope I could help out with some tweaking to make them work with
publican-based projects, if necessary.

If nobody objects, let's schedule the auto-migration for the active docs
projects in https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Books_To_Migrate

Thanks,
pk